The miracle organ "skin" ... our largest and most important organ
As we all know, the skin as our largest and most important organ fulfills a variety of tasks.
- Protection against cold, heat and radiation,
- Protection against pressure, bumps and friction.
- Protection in chemical damage.
- Protection against the penetration of microorganisms.
- Protection against the loss of water and warmth.
The most famous is the protective function of the skin, both towards the influences from outside, as well as as a barrier between the "inner" and the "outside world". The skin is a recording and excretion organ ... but the skin can do much more:
- The skin is the largest organ of humans
- Without “skin” we humans cannot (over) live (over) life
- The skin is the only organ connected to all other organs
- The skin is a recording and an excretion organ
- The skin not only perceives substances, but also sensations
- The skin has a complex process of regeneration (e.g. in the event of injuries)
The skin is the only organ connected to all other organs. Even more! The skin arises from the same cotyledon as nerves and brain. And it is therefore important as a barrier not only from the outside, but also from the inside to the outside.
- The skin is an early warning system (and shows diseases of the organs as early as possible). But not only the health of the internal organs reflects the protective cover that is closely networked with them. A direct data railway connects you with the brain, with our soul. If it is not going well, this can be read on the skin - and chronic diseases such as neurodermatitis or psoriasis bloom in a flash.
· In the embryo, skin and brain form from the same cells. “Skin, nerves and brain have the same origin of developmental history. They arise in the human embryonal phase of the same cotyledon, ”explains the dermatologist and psychotherapist Prof. Uwe Gieler from the Center for Psychosomatic Medicine at the University of Gießen. This explains why psychological problems often show up on the complexion. And why skin diseases burden the psyche.
- Stroking helps as well as medication! The nerve cells in the skin forward environmental stimuli as an electrical impulses towards the brain. Recent research has also shown that the vegetative nervous system extends into the top layer of skin. There, special messenger substances connect to the skin between nerves and immune cells. In mild form, each of us has probably experienced this vicious circle: if stressed before an exam, pimples or lip herpes suddenly blooms up, and you feel even more insecure with red spots on your face or bubbles.
In summary, one can say that the skin is both a mirror of our soul, sensations and the physical condition, as well as a significant factor for our health. It is therefore all the more important to maintain the organ of the organ - with the right care products!